Quality Assurance Assistant - This is a fantastic opportunity to join GB Ingredients, part of the Lallemand Group. We are a well-established international company that specialises in the development, production, and marketing of yeasts and bacteria and we are looking for a Quality Assurance Assistant to be based at our Felixstowe site.
The purpose of this key role within the company is to own day-to-day Quality Assurance aspects of the business. The ideal Quality Assurance Assistant will be responsible for maintaining our documentation in line with standards which the company align with and assisting with customer and certification audits as well as internal audits and hygiene and housekeeping audits. The role will also support our Commercial team with completing customer QA related questionnaires.
The perfect candidate will take full responsibility for their work, be a good collaborator and be able to work independently.
- Compliance to all relevant QESH standards e.g., BRC, Halal, Kosher, FAMI-QS, RSPO
- Follow-up of key records, maintenance of policies and QA requirements across the factory
- Assist Q.E.S.H Manager with customer and certification audits.
- Maintenance of all relevant QA documentation
- Assist the Commercial team with any QA related documentation, and completion of customer QA related Questionnaires
To be our successful Quality Assurance Assistant you will need to be a Qualified internal auditor preferably with a Level 2 Food Safety. You will be trained on BRC Standard and have experience in Food and Beverage, or the Food services industry. 2 years plus proven work experience in Food manufacturing is required along with Microbiological expertise and problem-solving ability. You will be computer literate and competent using Microsoft Office.
Behaviours and capabilities required:
- Effective communication and influencing skills
- Ability to deal with and rationalise many complex dependencies and issues, and present recommendations and options to meet business needs
- Ability to prioritise effectively and remain focused on these priorities
- Results focused “can do” attitude
- Self-starter – ability to work off own initiative
- Flexible approach to work
- Openness to change
- Demonstrates commitment and a good understanding of health and safety for self and others
This is an excellent opportunity to join a company who welcomes those looking to progress and become an integral part of this successful and well-established organisation. On offer is a salary range of £22000-28000 per annum depending on experience, working hours of 0900-1715 plus 25 Days Annual Leave including bank holidays and a Contributory Pension Scheme.
If you feel you have the relevant skills to be our Quality Assurance Assistant in a business whose purpose is to change the face of the industry in the UK, come and work with us. Please apply by forwarding an up-to-date CV including your email address and telephone number. We look forward to hearing from you.
If you require any reasonable adjustments such as access or information in an alternative format, please inform us soon as you are able so that we can make the appropriate adjustments.
Please check your email inbox and spam / junk mail folder for any email correspondence for this role.
No Recruitment Agencies please
This vacancy is being advertised and handled by Spider, an Online Job Advertiser, and Specialist Recruiter. We provide an online recruitment advertising and employee selection service in Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex, Cambridgeshire and beyond.
Additional keywords: quality, assurance, QA, manufacturing, food, beverage, production, microbiologist, audit, level 2 food
Here at Spider, we take your privacy seriously. When you apply, we shall process your details and pass your application to this particular company for review for this vacancy only. As you might expect we may contact you by email, text, or telephone. Your data is processed on the basis of our legitimate interests in fulfilling the recruitment process.