Quality Manager - Spider Recruitment Services, the specialist recruitment division of Spider are currently working with a well-respected Manufacturing/Engineering company based in Ipswich who have a permanent full-time position to fill. In return our client is offering a fantastic package including a competitive salary.
Industry: Non - Ferrous alloys Producer and Stockholder
Hours: Monday to Friday 08:30 - 17:00
Reporting: directly into the UK Managing Director, the Quality Manager role is the key customer facing contact for all quality matters and is responsible for building and maintaining professional customer relationships when addressing customer quality concerns. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring the business complies with all legal and moral responsibilities, with regards to Quality management. Whilst also ensuring that the company and the policies are AS9100 revision D compliant.
- Extensive knowledge and proven experience of managing compliance within a fast paced AS9100 aerospace/ metals production environment
- A knowledge of health & safety practices and the importance of their correct implementation in a metals manufacturing environment (Foundry experience desirable)
- Proven ability to write and implement policies and procedures
- A knowledge of, and experience of quality tools including SPC Charts, Check-sheets, Cause and Effect Diagrams, Histograms, Pareto Charts, Scatter Diagrams and Flowcharts, 8D, Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma knowledge would be desirable
- Demonstrable record of maintaining and sustaining compliance of policies, procedures and a business management system in general
- Investigate and respond to any customer query or complaint
- Quality Management qualifications would be an advantage but experience of working in a quality engineering/managerial position is essential
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products NEBOSH Diploma/Certificate in Health and Safety would be desirable
- A "can-do" attitude to ensure delivery of continual improvement culture.
- A team player with the ability to actively participate within the team and lead by example, acting in a professional manner at all times.
- A strong communicator and a good listener who will have strong influencing skills to encourage improvement ideas at all levels of the business.
- Proven ability to perform under pressure.
- Willingness to make decisions as and when needed, particularly in times of pressure.
- A flexible approach and willingness to working additional hours in order to meet the needs of the business.
A competitive salary is on offer with a generous remuneration package depending on experience. If you have the relevant skills and experience, please apply by forwarding an up to date CV as soon as possible. We look forward to hearing from you.
This vacancy is being advertised and handled by Spider, an Online Job Advertiser and Specialist Recruiter, who provide recruitment services in Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex, Cambridgeshire and beyond.
Additional keywords: Foundry, Metals, Aerospace, Hot works, Engineering, Alloys, Quality, HSE, QHSE, Environmental, Manufacturing, Production, Lean 6 Sigma
Spider will not use your personal information for any other purposes other than for searching for alternative employment. We will also request additional consent directly from you before submitting your personal information to any recruiting company who are working directly with Spider. We will never disclose your information to any third party unless legally required to do so and we will only ever contact you with the sole purpose of helping you find your dream job or offering career related advice.