Registration Services Manager - Spider are working on behalf of a well known and very established oil and heating company based in Ipswich, Suffolk, who are looking for an experienced Registration Services Manager who has Oil and Gas background to join their team.
As the Registration Services Manager, your responsibilities will be to manage the day to day technical operations company registration schemes, with particular focus on the management of teams of OFTEC registered inspectors for evaluating the competence of registrants to government requirements.
Other key duties include:
- Responsibility for the competence and performance of the OFTEC field inspection team, head office inspection administrators in the day to day running of the inspection regime for the registration schemes in accordance with the government authorisation and with our UKAS accreditation to ISO 17065.
- Provide line management and technical support to the registration services supervisor for the administration of the various registration schemes.
- Some inspection work to be undertaken where conflicts of interest may arise, for monitoring the performance of inspectors and for training purposes.
- Reporting structure
- The RSM reports to the Registration Services Director, who reports to the Chief Executive Officer and who in turn reports to the main Board.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities
- Provide day to day management of the inspection team.
- Provide line management and technical support to the Registration Services Supervisor.
- Assist inspection administration on post surveillance queries and the compliance department on non-conformance matters.
- Control of inspection services budget for sub-contract Inspectors.
- Co-ordinate regular team meetings and report matters arising.
- Provide monitoring of performance and competency of the OFTEC inspectorate.
- Conduct management review of risk-based assessments of registrants following non-conformity resolution.
- Lead on recruitment, induction and mentoring new inspectors.
- Sample and audit inspection reports in accordance with procedural requirements and provide feedback to inspectors.
- Produce monthly statistical data on registrant surveillance and non-conformance.
- Ensure yearly inspection targets are met.
- Responsibility for authorising payment of inspector invoices.
- As a Registration Services Manager the role requires some travel throughout UK as required with some overnight stay. Weekly attendance at head office ensuring administration duties are met. Other duties as may be required from time to time as agreed with the Registration Services Director. Attendance at meetings/events as required.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and attributes:
- Ideally with a minimum of 5 years experience `on the tools
- UKAS accreditation to ISO 17065
- Knowledge of industry / building regulations
- Knowledge of BS 5410 Parts 12
- Knowledge of Health Safety at Work Act
- Awareness CPS, MCS, MHCLG and other legislators
This is a full-time permanent position, offering a salary of £32,000 - £36,000 (depending on experience), working 37.5 hours per week Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm.
If you have the relevant skills and experience and would like to be considered, please apply by forwarding an up to date CV as soon as possible. We look forward to hearing from you.
Additional keywords: heating, oil, gas, service manager, building regulations, health and safety
Here at Spider, we take your privacy seriously. When you apply, we shall process your details and pass your application to this company for review for this vacancy only. As you might expect we may contact you by email, text or telephone. Your data is processed based on our legitimate interests in fulfilling the recruitment process.