Retail Assistant – Menswear – Golding of Newmarket are looking to recruit another member of staff to join the team in their High Street shop. Founded in 1856 our store sells an impressive range of menswear and womenswear, providing high levels of service and customer care. We are looking for an enthusiastic person with an interest in clothing and fashion and experienced in delivering excellent, face to face, Customer Service.
You will be expected to be an active listener with excellent attention to detail, making sure the customer is always your top priority.
Other key responsibilities within this role
- Maintain a thorough, up to date knowledge of all products sold, current promotions and credit facilities
- Upsell products where applicable
- Ensure problems encountered by customers are rectified satisfactorily, working under the Company’s returns policy and procedures
- Ensure sales floor and stock rooms are tidy
- Carry out stock control
- Assist manager in checking deliveries, pricing and putting out stock and processing of invoices.
- Cash handling and till operation
- Answering the phone to customer enquiries
The successful candidate will possess the following skills:
- Good verbal communication skills
- Good organisational skills
- Interest in fashion
- Enthusiasm and interest in products
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Able to build and maintain effective working relationships
- Experience of good customer service face to face and over the phone
- Well-presented smart appearance
- Prepared to work extra hours when required.
On offer is a salary £16,000 to £18,000 per annum. This is a full-time position working 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Saturday 9:00- 5:30 with one day off midweek. This is a fantastic opportunity to work with a friendly, family run retailer with over 150 years’ experience within the retail industry who also offer great benefits packages.
If you have experience of delivering excellent, face to face, customer service and would like to join this incredibly successful company, please apply by forwarding an up to date CV and a covering letter (essential) as soon as possible. We look forward to hearing from you.
This vacancy is being advertised and handled by Spider, an Online Job Advertiser and Specialist Recruiter, who provide recruitment services in Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex, Cambridgeshire and beyond.
Additional keywords: Sales Assistant, Retail, Store Assistant, Shop Assistant, Customer Service.
Here at Spider we take your privacy seriously. When you apply, we shall process your details and pass your application to this particular company for review for this vacancy only. As you might expect we may contact you by email, text or telephone. Your data is processed on the basis of our legitimate interests in fulfilling the recruitment process.