Sales Administrator – Spider is advertising on behalf of a highly successful independent travel agency.
It’s what everyone wants – a holiday!
The past couple of years have been a tough one for travel, but our client is now firmly focused on the future. Business growth has opened a new position to deal with pricing and sales administration work within their small but established team.
So, if the thought of sitting at your desk and travelling the world each day is one that fills you with enthusiasm this is a great opportunity for you to join a local independent travel agency, located in the centre of Ipswich, where you will be key to their continued success.
Please note – this is a SHOP-BASED role.
This is not a front-line selling role, but rather you will be the key support to those who do. More specifically:
- Administrative/Data Entry. You will be proactive, highly organised with the ability to multitask. A large element of the role will be in using Microsoft Word to put together presentations of tour operator quotes for sending on to customers.
- Support to Sales Staff. This has many facets including liaising with suppliers, using third party systems to obtain pricing and following up on queries as they arise.
- Customer Service. Dealing with both face-to-face and telephone enquiries you will have an excellent manner in dealing with customers, skilled in communicating a warmth to them whilst also capturing necessary information to progress the situation further.
- Communication/Building and maintaining effective relationships. You will be practiced in engaging at a variety of levels to include both Customers and Stakeholders in both written and oral communication.
- IT. You will be highly IT literate in Microsoft Office; Outlook, Word and Excel as well as adaptable to learn other necessary systems, programs and technology used by our business.
- Behaviours/Competence. Professional. You will demonstrate exceptional attention to detail, first class organisational skills and the ability to work to deadlines. Your focus, determination and thoroughness will ensure your work is of a high standard and a commercial awareness gives you the ability to exceed expectations.
- An instinct to find out information for yourself
- A quiet confidence when talking to people
- A great logical capability
- An ability to gather reasoned arguments to challenge when things don’t seem quite right
- Strong demonstration of attention to detail
- Good with numbers
- Teamwork – able to understand your role within an overall wider team objective
You should be interested in travel but it is not necessary to have previously worked in the industry. Comfortable dealing with customers – face-to-face, by telephone and written – you will be a natural problem-solver.
You will have worked previously in an administration role, though not necessarily on the sales side, but rather have a natural instinct for getting the job done.
A competitive salary depending on experience.
If you have the relevant skills and experience and would like to be considered, please apply by forwarding an up-to-date CV and covering letter as to why you feel you are the person our client are looking for as soon as possible. We look forward to hearing from you.
Please check your email inbox and spam / junk mail folder for any email correspondence for this role.
This vacancy is being advertised and handled by Spider, an Online Job Advertiser, and Specialist Recruiter. We provide an online recruitment advertising and employee selection service in Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex, Cambridgeshire and beyond.
Additional keywords: travel, customer service, sales, travel agency, sales administrator, admin, administrator
Here at Spider, we take your privacy seriously. When you apply, we shall process your details and pass your application to this particular company for review for this vacancy only. As you might expect we may contact you by email, text, or telephone. Your data is processed on the basis of our legitimate interests in fulfilling the recruitment process.