Sales Coordinator – Spider are pleased to be working with a leading innovator, designer, and manufacturer of roof waterproofing membranes in searching for a Sales Coordinator on a full-time basis, based on the outskirts of Ipswich.
The Sales Coordinator will work within the Orders Department and will work as part of a small team to look after and build good relations with a group of customer accounts, process their orders with UK stockholding partners and suppliers, coordinate deliveries to projects across the UK.
This is a busy role, the Sales Coordinator will ensure customer orders are processed efficiently and within deadlines, involving clear, timely verbal and written communication with them, providing delivery updates, responding to queries, obtaining support documentation, all in accordance with company procedures.
Other duties include:
- Processing customer orders into in-house sales order and accounting software, ensuring accuracy both in details and prices of materials ordered against quotations, and calculating units required based on information provided by the customer or supplier.
- Place orders for materials with the stock warehouse and place orders for third party materials with partner suppliers.
- Monitoring each phase, checking of related drawings, material prices and delivery schedules and close collaboration with all parties concerned.
- Liaise with factory, warehouse, suppliers, and customers to coordinate delivery of goods to sites across the UK and to process delivery notifications with correct delivery charges applied.
- Assist with checking and collating order/delivery documentation with supplier invoices and ensuring information is delivered to finance colleagues to meet their deadlines.
- To keep colleagues updated (specifically technical sales managers) on any matters they need to be aware of regarding sites, orders, deliveries, product supply, etc.
- Provide cover for colleagues’ work within the Orders Department during their absence.
- Assist with maintaining stocks of material samples and their distribution to the external team and to clients.
The ideal Sales Coordinator is someone who will participate in the proactivity of the sales and logistics team, working closely together to problem solve, to explore ways of streamlining procedures to the benefit of the company and our customers, maintaining and enhancing companies reputation for excellent customer service.
Other Skills and Attributes:
- Experience in customer service - sales order processing and delivery coordination, ensuring customer requirements are met and project/site restrictions complied with.
- A good level of computer literacy, numeracy, and experience in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook). Full training will be provided on the specific order processing software packages we use.
- Excellent communication and organisation skills, confidence in finding answers for customers and keeping them and colleagues informed.
- Ability to prioritise tasks and work to strict deadlines, while checking detail and maintaining accuracy.
- Proactive attitude, an ability to plan ahead and a willingness to collaborate closely with colleagues, as well as to take responsibility for working independently if required.
We are a small, busy office whose ethos is to work collaboratively to continue the excellent customer service on which the company has built its reputation. This is a full-time role work 8.30am to 5.00pm, Monday - Friday. On offer is a salary of £17,500 - £20,000 (depending on experience) 25 days holiday including Bank Holidays (some holiday having to be reserved over the Christmas and New Year period).
If you have the relevant skills and experience, please apply by forwarding an up to date CV as soon as possible. We look forward to hearing from you.
This vacancy is being advertised and handled by Spider, an Online Job Advertiser, and Specialist Recruiter. We provide an online recruitment advertising and employee selection service in Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex, Cambridgeshire and beyond.
Additional keywords: administrator, customer service, sales administrator, sales, coordinator, logistics
Here at Spider, we take your privacy seriously. When you apply, we shall process your details and pass your application to this particular company for review for this vacancy only. As you might expect we may contact you by email, text, or telephone. Your data is processed based on our legitimate interests in fulfilling the recruitment process.