Senior Administrator / PA – Suffolk Chamber of Commerce, the largest independent business organisation in Suffolk, has a brand-new and exciting job opportunity for an executive Senior Administrator / PA to support its Chief Executive and help ensure we remain the leading voice of business in Suffolk.
Suffolk Chamber of Commerce is a vibrant grassroots organisation that contributes to campaigns that benefit the whole of the county’s business community and seeks to deliver improvements that are specific to our area. We work with thousands of local businesses and attract members from across all sectors, with excellent membership engagement and retention. We are as passionate about our staff as we are about business, and we offer a superb support package for our employees which includes a healthcare package, attendance at social and business events, and a variety of flexible working opportunities.
We are looking for an experienced, well-rounded, and motivated individual who is looking for a fast paced and varied role, where no two days are ever the same. You will be supporting our CEO with some traditional PA duties, as well as dealing with a variety of administrative tasks. The ideal candidate will be experienced in providing administrative and/or PA support, who likes to be kept busy, is used to dealing with a high volume of senior people and works at a fast pace.
Duties will include:
- Complex diary and email management
- Administrative and secretarial support, including audio typing and preparing documents for meetings
- Providing administrative support for a variety of board and policy meetings, including preparing agendas and taking minutes
- Maintaining administrative processes and providing database extractions that assist our Chief Executive
- Assisting with the Chief Executive’s business leader and patron events including booking venues and catering, budget management, sending out and collating invitations, booking speakers and preparing papers
- Well-rounded experience in providing PA and/or administrative support
- Diary and email management
- Minute taking and preparation of agendas and supporting documents
- Confidentiality and discretion, and solutions-focused
- Organising meetings and dinners (small events organisation is desirable, but training will be given to the right candidate)
- An interest in current affairs and local business issues is desirable
In return, you will have the opportunity to take on an important position within the county’s leading business forum and within a friendly, flexible, supportive and successful office environment.
We are offering a salary of £20,000 - £25,000 per annum depending on experience, along with a pension and healthcare package and flexible working opportunities.
If you have all the relevant skills and experience and would like to join our company, please apply by forwarding an up-to-date CV, incorporating details as to why you feel you are best suited for this role, as soon as possible. We look forward to hearing from you.
If you require any reasonable adjustments such as access or information in an alternative format, please inform us soon as you are able so that we can make the appropriate adjustments.
There is no closing date for applications and the listing will be closed as soon as sufficient applicants have been received so candidates are advised to apply as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
No Recruitment Agencies please
This vacancy is being advertised and handled by Spider, an Online Job Advertiser, and Specialist Recruiter. We provide an online recruitment advertising and employee selection service in Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex, Cambridgeshire and beyond.
Additional keywords: administration, PA, reception, person assistant, CEO PA, administrative, admin, senior administrator
Here at Spider, we take your privacy seriously. When you apply, we shall process your details and pass your application to this particular company for review for this vacancy only. As you might expect we may contact you by email, text, or telephone. Your data is processed on the basis of our legitimate interests in fulfilling the recruitment process.