Support Worker (Children’s Services) - Are you looking for an opportunity to make great relationships with amazing people and feel good about yourself? Our Client is now looking for Senior Support Worker and Support Workers (Children’s Services) to join their busy teams in Hadleigh (Suffolk) & Ipswich.
They have some great opportunities in Hadleigh (Suffolk) and Ipswich, for the right people to join their teams in their children and young people’s services.
They have two types of services consisting of children and young people with learning disabilities, and complex behaviours, and a two-person service for young people with emotional, social, and mental health needs.
What do we look for in their Support Workers?
- Fun passionate people with a great sense of professional and personal pride.
- People who like people and have patience and dedication.
- People who look at challenging situations and think yes, I can help.
- People who get a sense of joy and self-esteem for supporting others to do great things whether this is making a cup of tea or climbing a mountain or going shopping.
- We are looking for people who can engage and motivate people to get the most from their lives.
- Senior post applicants will need to have experience and a Diploma level 4 relevant to the post.
- Driving licence an advantage, however it is not essential.
It would be great if you have experience in supporting young people, and if you are looking for a change of career, they are happy to support you to grow and learn in the Support Worker role. Their service for children with social emotional and mental health needs, will require you to have a sound sense of your own emotional maturity. Their organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young adults and expect all staff to share this commitment. They work closely with their local health and social care providers, and they always recruit in adherence to strict Safeguarding and Vulnerable Children/Adult’s Safer Recruitment Regulations.
- Staff give away contests and thank you deliveries.
- Mental health first aiders and wellness support.
- Great training opportunities and we pay for your initial DBS.
- Bike to Work and a Refer and Fill scheme.
- Covid risk assessment vaccination/PPE and testing all available.
- Pension scheme.
- Flexible working with a minimum of 7.5 hours a week considered.
- Loyal Service Recognition.
They also offer enhancements for night working, paid breaks, overtime payment, and one week contracted sick leave paid up to a maximum of 37.50 hours. On offer is a salary depending on position £9.50 - £10.45 per hour - post probation minimum £9.70 - £10.65 per hour.
At the interview they will ask you relevant interview questions, and for the successful candidate they will obtain references and carry out an enhanced criminal record check (DBS). In line with current CQC guidelines, they will need to discuss your current Covid vaccine status and may require supporting evidence of your status or exemption.
Please note: For the successful candidate we will obtain references and carry out an enhanced criminal record check (DBS).
If you feel like you meet the above criteria, please apply now! Be the difference, let your light shine, and come join them!
If you would like to be considered, please apply by forwarding an up-to-date CV as soon as possible. We look forward to hearing from you.
Please check your email inbox and spam / junk mail folder for any email correspondence for this role.
If you require any reasonable adjustments such as access or information in an alternative format, please inform us soon as you are able so that we can make the appropriate adjustments.
This vacancy is being advertised and handled by Spider, an Online Job Advertiser, and Specialist Recruiter. We provide an online recruitment advertising and employee selection service in Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex, Cambridgeshire and beyond.
Additional keywords: support, worker, social care, health care, lead, disabilities, care, children
Here at Spider, we take your privacy seriously. When you apply, we shall process your details and pass your application to this particular company for review for this vacancy only. As you might expect we may contact you by email, text, or telephone. Your data is processed on the basis of our legitimate interests in fulfilling the recruitment process.