Shipping & Logistics Coordinator –Omega Ingredients are a multi- award-winning manufacturer and supplier of innovative, natural, and organic ingredients for flavours and fragrances and to the food, beverage, cosmetic and toiletry markets. We are seeking an experienced Shipping & Logistics Coordinator to join our team at Great Blakenham, Suffolk.
We aim to be the most outstanding International Creative Flavour and Fragrance Company, providing high quality performance products with customer focus delivered by a passionate and dynamic team and we can only do this if our teams support our vision and goals.
The successful Shipping & Logistics Coordinator will provide all shipping aspects necessary for the lawful Importation & Exportation of goods, providing a seamless and optimum service. Responsible for external warehouse management in accordance with business requirements.
Your other key duties will include:
- Arrangement of all import/export transportation and delivery, locally, nationally, internationally, and inter-site using a range of couriers and third-party shippers, accurately utilising service provider software.
- Generate and provide all dispatch and shipping documents to the factory and the customer in line with scheduled departure. Including FDA/FSVP documentation.
- Handle dangerous goods shipping by sea, road and air with full understanding of IATA/IMDG and ADR.
- Ensure due diligence to safeguard products during transportation and facilitate on time delivery within the specified timescales.
- Conduct frequent communication with carriers, update transport status internally by way of defined systems and highlight potential delays directly within the team.
- Manage external warehouse operations and assist with internal warehouse storage management.
- Review shipment processes regularly and look for ways to optimise service, transit times and cost.
- Be aware of and communicate changes in relevant regulations affecting the lawful shipment of goods.
- Use of multiple software packages & various spreadsheets to process and read data.
- Accuracy of data input
- Response times
- Completing tasks on time and in full
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Relevant demonstrable experience gained in a similar role.
- Experience shipping Dangerous Goods by Road, Air and Sea.
- Capable of managing own workload and confident in liaising at all levels in the business.
- Knowledge and experience of flavours or manufacturing environment (Desirable).
- Previous experience of working within standards i.e. ISO, BRC (Desirable).
Skills & Knowledge
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Outlook, CRM Systems.
- An understanding of office procedures and responsibilities
- Innovates to come up with new ideas to drive efficient processes.
- Exceptional attention to detail that delivers quality information.
- Ability to deliver on commitments.
- Multi linguistic (Desirable)
- Effective communication, literacy, and negotiation skills
- Advanced organisational skills and ability to prioritise under pressure
- Dynamic and flexible attitude with ability to work on own initiative
- Comfortable with working unsupervised as well as part of a team
- Able to embrace and live the Omega mission, vision, and values
This is a full-time role working 37.5 hours a week and on offer is a salary of £20,000-£25,000 per annum with 28 days holidays (including bank holidays) as well as a host of benefits including free gym sessions, private healthcare and cycle scheme plus lots more.
Our continued & planned growth allows us the opportunity to seek further talent to join our highly experienced professionals. If you are ready for your next challenge & are not phased by a demanding environment, we could be just right for you. As an Investor in People we care what our teams think and are very proud to be able to offer an environment where you are more than just a number.
If you would like to explore this opportunity please apply by forwarding an up to date CV, including your email address and telephone number, as soon as possible. We look forward to hearing from you.
Strictly No Recruitment Agencies please – Any communication will be redirected back to Spider.
This vacancy is being advertised and handled by Spider, an Online Job Advertiser, and Specialist Recruiter. We provide an online recruitment advertising and employee selection service in Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex, Cambridgeshire and beyond.
Additional keywords: Logistics, Shipping, Co-ordinator, Warehouse Management, Delivery
Here at Spider, we take your privacy seriously. When you apply, we shall process your details and pass your application to this particular company for review for this vacancy only. As you might expect we may contact you by email, text or telephone. Your data is processed on the basis of our legitimate interests in fulfilling the recruitment process.