Shunter - P&O Ferrymasters, a pan-European leader in tailor-made transport, logistics and supply chain solutions are looking to recruit an enthusiastic and motivated Shunter, to be responsible for the shunting of loads within the Kingspan site based in Sherburn, North Yorkshire.
At P&O Ferrymasters, you would be joining a pan-European leader in tailor-made transport, logistics and supply chain solutions. We’re part of P&O Ferries – owned by Dubai World – and work across road, rail and sea through our Contract Logistics, Freight Management and Assets divisions. We operate from more than 20 strategic locations in 13 countries, where 500+ colleagues are united by a passion for customer and service focus.
As a Shunter you will be part of a highly dedicated and professional team, responsible for delivering the highest quality of service to an internationally dedicated client base. Your team consists of experienced Customer Service Representatives and by teaming up with other operational and supportive departments within the organisation; a high service level can be achieved with the shared aim of achieving the very best for our customers.
Other key responsibilities will include:
- Controlling the movement of the trailer fleet within the yard
- Shunting and parking trailers ready for despatch use, ensuring site speed and safety regulations are adhered to at all times
- Preparing trailers for loading and asset control of trailers
- Other ad hoc duties as required
Skills and experience would be:
- A current LGV (C+E) licence with no more than 6 points (including any pending prosecutions) is essential
- A minimum of three years’ experience in this or a similar role
- A full Driver CPC qualification, or a minimum of 21 hours towards your driver CPC qualification, would be desirable
- Excellent communication skills
- A flexible approach to working hours (we are a 24/7 organisation)
- A professional, smart appearance (uniform provided)
This is a full time position of 40 hours per week (a rotating shift pattern Monday to Sunday), based in Sherburn. On offer is a competitive salary and a fantastic opportunity to join a vibrant company who pride themselves on their service. If you are interested in this role and have the relevant skills please apply by forwarding your CV.
No Recruitment Agencies please
This vacancy is being advertised and handled by Spider, an Online Job Advertiser and Specialist Recruiter. We provide an online recruitment advertising and employee selection service in Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex, Cambridgeshire and beyond.
Keywords: shunter, shunting, loader, trailers, loading, LGV, CPC, logistics, H&S
Here at Spider we take your privacy seriously. When you apply, we shall process your details and pass your application to this particular company for review for this vacancy only. As you might expect we may contact you by email, text or telephone. Your data is processed on the basis of our legitimate interests in fulfilling the recruitment process.