Shunter Team Leader - P&O Ferrymasters, a pan-European leader in tailor-made transport, logistics and supply chain solutions are looking to recruit an enthusiastic and motivated Shunter Team Leader. You will be part of a highly dedicated and professional team, will be responsible for supervising the Shunter and Load Safety Inspector team.
At P&O Ferrymasters, you would be joining a pan-European leader in tailor-made transport, logistics and supply chain solutions. We’re part of P&O Ferries – owned by Dubai World – and work across road, rail and sea through our Contract Logistics, Freight Management and Assets divisions. We operate from more than 21 strategic locations in 13 countries, where 500+ colleagues are united by a passion for customer and service focus.
As Shunter Team Leader your team consists of experienced Customer Service Representatives and by teaming up with other operational and supportive departments within the organisation; a high service level can be achieved with the shared aim of achieving the very best for our customers. So, what’s this job all about? Key responsibilities will include:
- Resource planning and arranging daily work pattern
- Ensure team works to current SWPs and assist with reviews
- Monitor sickness and annual leave
- Control use of PPE and loose equipment
- Cooperate closely with collecting hauliers and Kingspan
- Input audit data into system
- Audit SWPs with H&S team
- Assist with incident investigation and carry out initial fact finding in the event of an incident
- Assist in preparation for monthly H&S meetings
Skills and Attributes:
- You will have strong communication skills and a positive customer services attitude
- Excellent organisational skills, including ability to prioritise and manage own workload
- Previous supervisory experience in a logistics environment (desirable but not essential)
- Have an understanding of H&S practices and application
- Are PC literate
This Shunter Team Leader position is a full-time position, working 42 hours per week (4 on 4 off shift pattern). On offer is a competitive salary (depending on experience), as well as excellent benefits.
If you have the relevant skills and experience and would like to be considered, please apply by forwarding an up to date CV as soon as possible. We look forward to hearing from you.
This vacancy is being advertised and handled by Spider, an Online Job Advertiser and Specialist Recruiter. We provide an online recruitment advertising and employee selection service in Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex, Cambridgeshire and beyond.
Additional keywords: Team Leader, Shunter Supervisor, Logistics, Groundworker, H&S, Health and Safety, Shunter and Load Safety
Here at Spider we take your privacy seriously. When you apply, we shall process your details and pass your application to this particular company for review for this vacancy only. As you might expect we may contact you by email, text or telephone. Your data is processed on the basis of our legitimate interests in fulfilling the recruitment process.