Sign Fitters Mate
Spider Recruitment Services, the specialist recruitment division of Spider are working with a leading marketing and signage company based on the outskirts of Colchester who are looking to add to their construction based fitting team.
This is a full-time, permanent role joining a busy team who are all tasked with going out on site to assist in the fitting of large format signage on behalf of their clients. Each day you will group up at their Colchester branch, prepare for your shift and then head out in teams to different jobs across East Anglia, Essex and London, occasionally further afield.
- Loading and unloading various materials at different height, sizes and weights adhering to correct manual handling procedures, using lift aids where applicable.
- Daily / weekly / monthly maintenance tasks to be performed on each van, tools and ladders. Recording and documenting maintenance where applicable.
- Vans, tools and ladders to be kept clean and tidy, in terms of cleanliness and organisation.
- Maintaining the correct levels of stock set by the Fitters Manager and placing orders on time using the correct ordering method. Informing the Fitters Manager when stock for any item is running low.
- Be able to work on your own initiative or as part of a team. You must be able to problem solve.
- Producing work to the highest standard as set out by the Fitters Manager and the company.
- Quality checking own work, thoroughly reading each brief for each job and communicating regularly with account handlers to ensure that the best and most accurate service is provided to our clients.
- To enthusiastically organise and teach any newer team member and actively participate in any required courses to ensure all team members have up to date training.
- To be punctual and arrive ready to start your shifts on time.
You WILL need to be able to drive and have a full UK licence, as you will have use of a company vehicle.
You WILL ideally have a CSCS card or be willing to work towards one upon employment.
You WILL NOT need any signage experience for this role because all training will be given, although it would be advantageous.
The ideal candidate will have some type of construction background, for example you may be used to labouring, digging into the ground, helping senior team members moving goods around site or stock taking etc. You may even be from a warehouse or logistics background and used to working outside and manual handling.
A basic starting salary of £21,000 is on offer for the role along with a generous remuneration package so please apply by forwarding an up to date CV as soon as possible. We look forward to hearing from you.
This vacancy is being advertised and handled by Spider, an Online Job Advertiser and Specialist Recruiter, who provide recruitment services in Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex, Cambridgeshire and beyond.
Additional keywords: Printing, Cutting Systems, Machinery, Marketing, Advertising, Production, Magazines, Press, Large Format
Spider will not use your personal information for any other purposes other than for searching for alternative employment. We will also request additional consent directly from you before submitting your personal information to any recruiting company who are working directly with Spider. We will never disclose your information to any third party unless legally required to do so and we will only ever contact you with the sole purpose of helping you find your dream job or offering career related advice.