Specialist Youth Support Worker – Spider is advertising on behalf of a highly successful independent residential children’s services provider based in Hadleigh, Suffolk who are looking for an experienced full time Specialist Youth Support Worker, who is:
- Looking for a new challenge with fantastic opportunities for career progression alongside great training and development.
- Experienced in providing person centred care.
- Positive role model as well as have an empathetic and sensitive approach to people.
If this sounds like you read on…. As the successful Specialist Youth Support Worker, you will be working as part of a team in a friendly supportive culture and environment. You will be providing personal care, medication, supporting children in daily activities and being an active member in their local community and supporting links with family. Due to the seniority of the role, you will assist the Home Manager in supporting new staff and actively contribute to team development. Contribute to the planning, monitoring, implementing, and recording of life planning achievements as well as to the health, safety, security of individuals and the home.
You will hold:
- Relevant diploma in residential childcare/Health and social care or ones of other relevant (ideally level 3 or above or working to) and have at least 1 year’s previous experience within a mental health/trauma-based environment.
- General understanding of Attachment and Early childhood trauma, be aware of and act within Suffolk and Inroads Safeguarding and Vulnerable Children Adults Policy and Procedure.
- Ability to manage emotionally and physically challenging situations and behaviours – essential.
- To be able to create a fun environment for the young people within our care but understand professional boundaries.
This Specialist Youth Support Worker position is a Full-Time position. On offer is a competitive salary of £18,525 - £18,720 per annum, depending on experience. Good opportunities for free, supported training and personal development, and support to complete some advanced training. Paid breaks and 28 days annual leave (inclusive of bank holidays). Roles will be based in Hadleigh Suffolk (approx. 8.3 miles from Ipswich), so will require driving licence, access to transport and potentially requirement to drive company transport.
The clients core values are Passionate, Active, Thorough and Honest and this reflects their service provisions where they provide a safe, supportive, and welcoming home where people can develop their self-esteem, confidence, and resilience and life skills into adulthood. If you feel you have the relevant skills and are looking for a fantastic opportunity to work and learn alongside some talented individuals then please apply with your CV, ensuring it includes your email address and telephone number. Look forward to hearing from you!
If you have the relevant skills and experience and would like to be considered, please apply by forwarding an up-to-date CV as soon as possible. We look forward to hearing from you.
This vacancy is being advertised and handled by Spider, an Online Job Advertiser, and Specialist Recruiter. We provide an online recruitment advertising and employee selection service in Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex, Cambridgeshire and beyond.
Additional keywords: Personal care worker, Care worker, Care assistant, Carer, Support worker, Childcare, SEMH, children services, personal assistant, Specialist
Here at Spider, we take your privacy seriously. When you apply, we shall process your details and pass your application to this particular company for review for this vacancy only. As you might expect we may contact you by email, text, or telephone. Your data is processed on the basis of our legitimate interests in fulfilling the recruitment process.