Stock Controller / Dispatcher – Do you want to be part of an award-winning family run business? Then you would be nuts to miss out on this opportunity! Munchy Seeds is a successful and well-established company specialising in the blending, flavouring, and roasting of healthy seed snacks & sprinkles. We are currently looking to recruit a Stock Controller / Dispatcher on a permanent basis to work with us in Leiston, Suffolk.
This is more than your typical warehouse-based role, we are looking for a proactive & multiskilled Stock Controller / Dispatcher to become part of the perfect blend!
You will manage all Goods-In and Goods-out functions, as well as pick, palletise and dispatch orders in a timely manner. You will be required to book deliveries into stock and finished products out on our stock control system. Communicate with our hauliers, and couriers, book delivery slots with our customers via email & telephone and book collections with our transport partners via their online portals. You will also organise & keep our warehouses & storage areas tidy and ensure we always have a healthy supply of pallets on hand.
As a Stock Controller / Dispatcher your duties will include:
- The picking, packing & dispatching of trade & wholesale orders.
- Goods In - Unload vehicles, checking delivery notes, book raw materials & packaging into stock.
- Warehouse Management – Efficient use of pallet racking & floor space, stock rotation, pallet consolidation, assist with quarterly stock takes.
- The movement of stock between production & warehousing areas.
- Goods Out – Wrap, strap & label pallets, complete paperwork & load vehicles.
- Logistics – Arrange delivery slots with our customers & book collections with our transport partners.
- Monitor stock levels.
- Manage our Chep pallet account.
Personal qualities required for the seed to success
- A can-do attitude.
- A team player, always willing to help others out for the good of the business, and always on the lookout for ways to improve things.
- Ability to multitask and work under pressure in a busy environment.
- Highly motivated, a real self-starter who likes getting a job done efficiently.
- Detail-oriented, with a nose for accuracy, but not at the expense of output.
- Enthusiastic, willing to learn new skills and cover all areas of the team.
- “Job not hours” mindset, demonstrating an ownership mentality.
This is small business so the successful Stock Controller / Dispatcher will have head room to grow & develop the role and shape their career!
As the Stock Controller / Dispatcher you will need to have previous experience in logistics or warehouse management. For this role as you will unload and loading vehicles delivering & collecting goods. You will have excellent communication and organisation skills. You possess excellent IT skills with experience using Microsoft packages and stock systems. A Forklift licence and experience with Dear Systems would be beneficial but not essential as training can be provided for these.
This role is a permanent, full-time position. Hours are flexible (40 hours per week) Monday – Friday, ideally starting between 7.30-8.30am, with times to be agreed. We are offering a competitive salary of up to £26000 per annum depending on experience plus 20 days annual leave plus bank holidays. There are some fantastic benefits within the package including a Cycle to work scheme, an annual bonus scheme based on company & individual performance, company sponsored social events and paid holiday between Christmas & New year (which does not have to be used as part of the normal allowance!).
Please note: We are based in Leiston, Suffolk therefore own transport is required for the role.
So, if you have the necessary skills and think this role could be for you then we would like to hear from you. Please forward an up-to-date CV as soon as possible.
If you require any reasonable adjustments such as access or information in an alternative format, please inform us soon as you are able so that we can make the appropriate adjustments.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE.
This vacancy is being advertised and handled by Spider, an Online Job Advertiser, and Specialist Recruiter. We provide an online recruitment advertising and employee selection service in Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex, Cambridgeshire and beyond.
Additional keywords: stock, logistics, warehouse controller, stock assistant, warehouse administrator, logistics coordinator, logistics administrator
Here at Spider, we take your privacy seriously. When you apply, we shall process your details and pass your application to this particular company for review for this vacancy only. As you might expect we may contact you by email, text, or telephone. Your data is processed on the basis of our legitimate interests in fulfilling the recruitment process.