Storeperson (Inventory Controller/ Production Administrator) – Spider Recruitment Services the specialist recruitment division of Spider are currently working with a manufacturing company who are looking for an experienced Stock Controller to join their team based in Colchester, Essex.
Managing inventory, picking components and sub-assemblies for the production line aligned to the weekly production schedule, administrating the Works Order process inside IQ, and supporting the Production Team Leader ensuring frequency-based H&S checks are completed and actions from them closed out. Inventory management includes correctly managing goods-in, put away and pick processes as well as weekly stock checks and submission of resulting reports to the Production Manager.
Other duties and responsibilities include
- Reconcile inventory levels within IQ via daily/weekly stock checks.
- Check arriving stock using engineering drawings to ensure components have been built to drawing.
- Identify SKU shortages and notify the Production Manager.
- Record all goods-in, requisitions, and supplier returns to reconcile inventory.
- Mange quarantined stock.
- Pick orders aligned to the Production Schedule to maintain production flow.
- Maximise use of available bin locations and warehouse racking.
- Maintain a neat, ordered, and tidy working area. Conduct 3S and other H&S checks weekly.
- To identify areas for improvement and provide solutions which can be practically implemented.
The successful candidate will have proven experience in a similar role e.g., Demand Planner, Inventory Controller. As well as inventory experience, including audits, is essential. It is essential that you have experience in using ERP systems, excellent organisation, communication skills, an eye for detail and a high level of numeracy. Licensed to operate MHE including an FLT would be desirable but most importantly is your ability to remain calm and ability to adapting to changing priorities.
This vacancy is being advertised and handled by Spider, an Online Job Advertiser and Specialist Recruiter, who provide recruitment services in Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex, Cambridgeshire and beyond.
Additional keywords: storeperson, production, administrator, stock, stock control, planner, demand planner, inventory, controller
Spider will not use your personal information for any other purposes other than for searching for alternative employment. We will also request additional consent directly from you before submitting your personal information to any recruiting company who are working directly with Spider. We will never disclose your information to any third party unless legally required to do so and we will only ever contact you with the sole purpose of helping you find your dream job or offering career related advice.