Strategic Account Manager – Spider are working with a Renewable Energy Finance Company based in Ely, Cambridgeshire, who are currently looking for a Strategic Account Manager, to manage, develop and strengthen relationships with a small number of large key clients. This Strategic Account Manager role is a full-time permanent role with a salary on offer of £40,000 to £50,000 depending on experience.
As a Strategic Account Manager, your responsibilities and key duties are as follows:
- Building an excellent relationship with the client to enable open and honest sharing of data.
- Preparing, reviewing and analysing the ongoing creditworthiness of all commercial loan facilities and renewals on the allocated customer base.
- Undertake regular onsite visits according to agreed plan to ensure project/plant performance is in line with original/agreed objectives and report back to senior management.
- Conduct and report on reviews to make sure risks are managed in line with company perspectives.
- If necessary, put in place specific remedial action plans to improve performance where identified/appropriate.
- Verifying and processing loans, leases and hire purchase arrangements and performing client management and collection procedures.
- Negotiating financial terms and pricing with clients for additional lending opportunities or restructuring purposes.
- Preparing monthly reports for the Executive team as appropriate.
- Ability to communicate with strength and empathy in delicate situations, in conjunction with the Finance and Credit team, taking overall responsibility for client arrears and default cases.
Skills, Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience required:
- Account/Client/Relationship Management experience within banking/financial services sector.
- Experience in Commercial/Corporate/re-structure finance advantageous
- Demonstrably commercially astute
- Ability to gain knowledge of basic Anaerobic Digestion/Biogas financial models and plant operations on or within 6 months of appointment
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and organisational skills
- Excellent organisational and planning skills.
- Customer focused – identify effective solutions for borrowers.
- Level-headed and measured approach
- Adaptable and flexible approach to work.
- Willing to embrace change and challenge processes to improve efficiency.
- Able to manage workloads and priorities and work under pressure to tight deadlines.
- A team player who is able to develop effective relationships with the team and work in partnership with others.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Membership of Professional/Managerial Institute (i.e. CICM) is desirable
- Understanding of financial management and wider management principles and techniques.
- Knowledge of the applicable regulations/codes governing the financial services industry.
- Education at Degree/Graduate level ideally in Business or Finance discipline or relevant work-related training i.e. DipFS.
- Ideally 5+ years’ experience in loan operations
This is a full-time permanent role offering an excellent salary of £40,000 to £50,000 depending on experience. Company benefits also include: Company pension scheme – 5% employer contribution, 25 days annual leave (+ bank holidays); increasing by 1 day for every 2 years to a maximum of 30 – Christmas shut down (3 days taken from your annual leave allowance), employee discount scheme – Perkbox, free parking and free refreshments.
If you have the relevant skills and experience, please apply by forwarding an up to date CV as soon as possible. We look forward to hearing from you.
This vacancy is being advertised and handled by Spider. The regions Fixed Fee Web Recruiter and Online Job Advertiser. We provide an online recruitment advertising and employee selection service in Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex, Cambridgeshire and beyond.
Additional keywords: Key Account Manager, Relationship Manager, Field Account Manager, Banking Manager, Financial Manager
Here at Spider we take your privacy seriously. When you apply, we shall process your details and pass your application to this particular company for review for this vacancy only. As you might expect we may contact you by email, text or telephone. Your data is processed on the basis of our legitimate interests in fulfilling the recruitment process.