Customer Service Support Engineer - Spider is advertising on behalf of a small well-established company that provides cutting-edge scientific instrumentation to leading multi-national, academic and government research organisations throughout the UK and Ireland. The close-knit team is committed to working together to provide customers with the means to advance scientific understanding and development. They are now looking for a Customer Service Support Engineer to join their small team in Swavesey, just outside of Cambridge, on a permanent basis.
A passionate, enthusiastic self-starter with a genuine interest in becoming an integral part of the team. You will have a real interest in how things work, you will like working with your hands and are be interested in developing an understanding of their scientific products. You love problem solving and the satisfaction of knowing that you’ve helped customers and colleagues. You’re always on the lookout for ways in which you can make a difference and pride yourself on getting things done. You can manage your time and workload effectively and thrive on collaborative working, whilst also being able to get on with your work individually. You’ll enjoy working closely with their customers and their suppliers and forming close productive relationships with all of them. You won’t be fazed by needing to juggle work and priorities.
Working under the guidance of a senior colleague, the successful applicant will collaborate with the team and their international suppliers to provide their customers with first-class after-sales support. The key aspects of the role are:
- to act as first-line contact for all incoming support queries, whether by email or phone, and
- to provide office-based and on-site instrument servicing and problem-solving (both regular planned maintenance and ad-hoc service). They will provide full training to help you grow your knowledge of their product range over time.
They pride themselves on their customer service, so this role makes a real difference to the company’s performance and customer perceptions, and you will have the scope to really make the job your own. You will be encouraged to take on projects and responsibilities and will be supported by them as you develop within the role. Most of your training will be in house, however there may also be opportunities to travel to overseas suppliers, for training opportunities.
You will have the opportunity to work with cutting edge scientists, some of whom are world leaders in their field, as well as visit and work within world leading R&D facilities. While the majority of the role will be focused on managing their service relationships with their customers and carrying out regular and ad-hoc servicing and repairs, the nature of joining a small team means that you must also be willing to assist colleagues with other tasks around the business as needed.
Your responsibilities will also include:
- Coordinate responses to customer support requests, liaising closely with relevant Specialists, suppliers and our administration as appropriate.
- Ensure customer service requests are resolved in a timely manner and with optimal client satisfaction.
- Provide quotations for services, support plans, spares and consumables and plan appropriate follow up.
- Maintain accurate service and support records and internal Standard Operating Procedures by updating company systems.
- Proactively look for opportunities to add value with Support Contracts, Training and Spares sales, or by-passing other business opportunities to appropriate Sales Specialists.
- At least two years’ work experience or education to degree level or equivalent
- Positive, enthusiastic attitude and willingness to learn
- Well-organised and able to manage your time and multiple projects
- Confident IT systems user, particularly competent in using email (Outlook experience preferred)
- Clear ability to work remotely from a variety of locations with minimal supervision
- Full UK driving license and access to own transportation, and comfortable travelling and staying away where required
- 22 days annual leave (excluding public holidays), increasing one day per year of service
- Generous incentive scheme (after successful 6-month probation period)
- Hybrid working where the role allows
- Company health insurance scheme (after successful 6-month probation period)
- Company social events
This vacancy is being advertised and handled by Spider, an Online Job Advertiser and Specialist Recruiter. We provide an online recruitment advertising and employee selection service in Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex, Cambridgeshire and beyond.
Additional keywords: Customer Service, Service Support, Support, Service Engineer, Support Engineer, Field Engineer
Here at Spider, we take your privacy seriously. When you apply, we shall process your details and pass your application to this particular company for review for this vacancy only. As you might expect we may contact you by email, text, or telephone. Your data is processed on the basis of our legitimate interests in fulfilling the recruitment process.