Support Workers – Are you a Support Worker, Senior Support Worker or Personal Assistant who is passionate about supporting children and/or young people and adults with learning disabilities, emotional and/ or social complex needs?
We have vacancies for day workers and dedicated night workers as Support Workers, Senior Support Workers in Hadleigh, Suffolk and Personal Assistants based in Ipswich and Hadleigh, Suffolk (approx. 8.3 miles from Ipswich).
Key responsibilities of our Senior Support Workers, Support Workers and Personal Assistants are:
- To provide an ambitious and supportive service to the children, helping them achieve their goals, optimize their potential and encourage them to be an active member in their local community keeping links with family and friends.
- Sensitively provide personal care and administer prescribed medication
- Senior Support workers will assist the home manager in supporting new staff and actively contribute to team development
- Contribute to the planning, monitoring, implementing and recording of life planning achievements
- Contribute to the health, safety and security of individuals and the home
Skills and attributes required:
- Effective communication skills both written and verbal
- An empathetic and sensitive approach to people
- Willingness to complete care qualifications relevant to the role, with a continued desire to develop further
- Reliable / Flexible
- Be a positive role model
- Be aware of and act within Suffolk and Inroads Safeguarding and Vulnerable Children Adults Policy and Procedure
On offer is a competitive salary of £8.30 - £8.80 for Support Worker and Personal Assistant and £9.35 -£9.75 for Senior Support Worker (depending on your level of experience). With vacancies for day workers and dedicated night workers. You will be entitled to paid breaks, and 28 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays.
The Companies core values are achieved by following their PATH - “Passionate, Active, Thorough and Honest”. Our values are reflected in our service provisions where we provide a safe, supportive and welcoming home where people can develop their self-esteem, confidence, and resilience and life skills into adulthood.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work and learn alongside some talented individuals, also opportunities for free and supported training and personal development together with support to complete some advanced training. If you feel you have the relevant skills and experience, please apply with your CV and we would love to hear from you.
This vacancy is being advertised and handled by Spider, an Online Job Advertiser and Specialist Recruiter. We provide an online recruitment advertising and employee selection service in Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex, Cambridgeshire and beyond.
Additional keywords: Senior Support worker, Personal Assistant, personal care worker, care worker, care assistant, carer, children’s service
Here at Spider we take your privacy seriously. When you apply, we shall process your details and pass your application to this particular company for review for this vacancy only. As you might expect we may contact you by email, text or telephone. Your data is processed on the basis of our legitimate interests in fulfilling the recruitment process.