Support Workers (Senior and Practice Leads) - Are you looking for an opportunity to make great relationships with amazing people and feel good about yourself? We are now looking for Senior Support Workers and Practice Leads to join our busy teams in Ipswich.
We are excited to be expanding are looking for a diverse team of Senior Support Workers and Practice Leads for our new service in North Ipswich. We also have some posts available in other services in Hadleigh (Suffolk)and central Ipswich.
Inroads are a local independent provider. We are passionate about what we do, and the changes we can make with the help of our brilliant teams, to the people who live in our homes. Our supported living schemes operate for 52 weeks of the year 24 hours a day. All tenants have learning disabilities and other complex health and developmental needs.
What do we look for in our Senior Support Workers and Practice Leads?
- Fun passionate people with a great sense of professional and personal pride.
- People who like people and have patience and dedication.
- People who look at challenging situations and think yes, I can help.
- People who get a sense of joy and self-esteem for supporting others to do great things whether this is making a cup of tea or climbing a mountain or going shopping.
- We are looking for people who can engage and motivate people to get the most from their lives.
- It would be great if you have experience in supporting people who are differently abled, and for those of you applying for support worker positions, we are happy to help you develop and gain skills with our excellent training and support opportunities.
- Seniors and practice lead applicants will need to have experience and a Diploma level 2 or 3 relevant to the post.
- Driving licence an advantage, however it is not essential.
- Enhancements for night working and overtime payment, and up to 5 days paid sick leave every 12 months.
- Staff give away contests, and thank you deliveries. Mental health first aiders, and wellness support.
- Wellbeing app offering a range of wellbeing support and advice.
- Great training opportunities, paid breaks and payment of initial DBS.
- Bike to Work scheme and a Refer and Fill scheme.
- Covid risk assessment, vaccination, PPE and testing all available.
- Pension scheme.
- Flexible working, with a minimum of 7.5 hours a week considered.
We also offer enhancements for night working, paid breaks, overtime payment, and one week contracted sick leave paid up to a maximum of 37.50 hours. On offer is a salary depending on position £9.22- £12.00 per hour - post probation minimum £9.50- £12.00 per hour.
Our organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults and expect all staff to share this commitment. We work closely with our local health and social care providers, and we always recruit in adherence to strict Safeguarding and Vulnerable Children/Adult’s Safer Recruitment Regulations.
At the interview we will ask you relevant interview questions, and for the successful candidate we will obtain references and carry out an enhanced criminal record check (DBS).
If you feel like you meet the above criteria please apply now! Be the difference, let your light shine, and come join us at Inroads!
If you would like to be considered, please apply by forwarding an up-to-date CV as soon as possible. We look forward to hearing from you.
This vacancy is being advertised and handled by Spider, an Online Job Advertiser, and Specialist Recruiter. We provide an online recruitment advertising and employee selection service in Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex, Cambridgeshire and beyond.
Additional keywords: Practice leads, senior , support worker, Care worker, Care assistant, Carer, Support worker, senior support
Here at Spider, we take your privacy seriously. When you apply, we shall process your details and pass your application to this particular company for review for this vacancy only. As you might expect we may contact you by email, text, or telephone. Your data is processed on the basis of our legitimate interests in fulfilling the recruitment process.