Support Workers including Waking Night – Cascades mission is to support young people and adults living with autism and learning difficulties and mental health. along the road to greater independence. We are expanding and are looking for passionate Support Workers to join our Adult Services team based in Withernsea, on a permanent basis, with both full, part-time hours available as well as waking night shifts.
As a Support Worker in one of our homes we are looking for our staff to support in ensuring the promotion and provision of the highest standard of care is always delivered and to safeguard and support the development of our young people and adults.
- Assisting residents where support is required, following support plans, risk assessments and actively reviewing each residents progress
- Supporting residents to participate in educational sessions, physical activities, group activities and activities of daily living
- Documenting and evidencing care by completing daily progress notes, residents online forms and being involved in the decision making process of how best to support a resident needs in the least restrictive way
- Promoting the health and well-being of residents in terms of both physical health, mental health and wellbeing
- General day-to-day upkeep of the house, and infection control measures
- Assisting residents with meal preparations, personal care and other essential living skills to promote development and progression towards independence
- Maintaining up to date knowledge of the residents and their support plans, risk assessment, Positive Behaviour Support plans to deliver personalised support
- Safely supporting residents with identified moving and handling needs
Skills and attributes required:
- A positive role model with the drive and ambition to deliver the Cascade ethos to all
- Hold or willing to work towards the Care Certificate and NVQ.
- Willingness to undertake additional training to support development in role
- A genuine interest in supporting young people and adults with Autism and learning difficulties.
- Good communication, listening, observational and writing skills
- High level of personal integrity and passion
- Experience in social care preferable
In return, we provide a full and robust induction, and the successful applicant will be enrolled onto our e-learning to gain in-depth knowledge about how we work and the different difficulties/ diagnosis our residents live with.
We also offer regular face to face training opportunities and an hourly rate of £8.72 up to £9.80 (waking night shifts), pension and you could receive a Bonus of up to £400 for a successful CQC Inspection*. We also run a Refer a Friend scheme, where you could earn up to £750 for successfully referring a friend*.
If you have all the relevant skills and experience and would like to join our company, please apply by forwarding an up-to-date CV as soon as possible. We look forward to hearing from you.
*Terms and conditions apply
No Recruitment Agencies please
This vacancy is being advertised and handled by Spider, an Online Job Advertiser, and Specialist Recruiter. We provide an online recruitment advertising and employee selection service in Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex, Cambridgeshire and beyond.
Additional keywords: support worker, carer, social worker, care assistant, care support worker, youth worker
Here at Spider, we take your privacy seriously. When you apply, we shall process your details and pass your application to this company for review for this vacancy only. As you might expect we may contact you by email, text, or telephone. Your data is processed based on our legitimate interests in fulfilling the recruitment process.