Systems Engineer - This is a great opportunity to join GB Ingredients, part of the Lallemand Group. We are a well-established international company that specialises in the development, production, and marketing of yeasts and bacteria and we are looking for a Systems Engineer to be based at our Felixstowe site to provide support to Felixstowe and across Europe. The purpose of this key role within the company is to ensure the effective upkeep of all plant and equipment across sites.
The ideal Technician / Engineer will provide reactive and preventative maintenance of all plant control systems and equipment and you will be comfortable working on equipment of various ages.
- Reactive and preventative maintenance of plant control systems and equipment across multiple European sites
- Ensure efficient use of utilities and resources
- Fault find on varied equipment of different complexities and ages
- Communicate the condition of the equipment at all levels
- Work in a safe and logical manner, performing tasks with care and prioritising by importance and deadline
- Must be able to work unsupervised
- Managing small projects/modifications from conception to commissioning
- Evaluate suppliers for relevant systems and equipment
Skills and experience required:
- Some European language skills
- Experience working in a food / chemical / pharmaceutical / manufacturing environment
- Qualified with an NVQ Level 3 on Systems and Control
- Experience in manufacturing PLC ladder programming and control systems
- Experience working with Schneider, Modicon and Unity Pro XL
- Knowledge of fault finding, diagnosis and repair of control equipment
- Competent computer skills
- Flexible and able to do call-out duties
- Knowledge of DCS and SCADA control systems
- Experience of older power and distribution systems
- Experienced on a variety of Plc’s
- Flow, level, pressure, and temperature control
- Mechanical and electrical experience
The Systems Engineer role is full-time, working 8am - 4.30pm Monday to Friday, with some travel required in Europe. On offer to the successful candidate is a salary range of £35,000 - £50,000 dependent on experience and expertise. You will receive 25 days holiday, access to a contributory pension scheme and standby payment when on-call.
If you have all the relevant skills and experience and would like to join our company, please apply by forwarding an up to date CV as soon as possible. We look forward to hearing from you.
No Recruitment Agencies please
This vacancy is being advertised and handled by Spider, an Online Job Advertiser, and Specialist Recruiter. We provide an online recruitment advertising and employee selection service in Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex, Cambridgeshire and beyond.
Additional keywords: Engineer, Automation Engineer, Technician, Instrument Technician, plant, engineering, manufacturing, calibration, maintenance
Here at Spider, we take your privacy seriously. When you apply, we shall process your details and pass your application to this particular company for review for this vacancy only. As you might expect we may contact you by email, text, or telephone. Your data is processed on the basis of our legitimate interests in fulfilling the recruitment process.