Team Leader– United Response is a leading national charity. In our work we aim to be creative, strong, honest, responsive, and united. Join our team! An exciting opportunity to work as a Team Leader as part of our London leadership team in Merton. We are looking for someone with experience in social care in a supervisory role working with people with learning disabilities.
Making it happen- Your Role
As a Team Leader, you will work alongside the Service Manager and will be responsible for facilitating the day to day running of our supported living services, you will help to organise and monitor day to day support ensuring that it is delivered efficiently and to the highest possible standard.
- You will be joining a team which supports adults with a variety of support needs. Our aim is to give the people you will be supporting as much control over their own lives as possible.
- This is a responsible role which is really varied, and extremely rewarding. The job is all about giving people encouragement, guidance, and support so they can live as independently as possible and have the freedom to make their own choices.
What we need from you
- Have experience of working in social care, working with individuals with Learning disabilities, Complex needs and Autism
- Have an NVQ3 in Social Care or equivalent or working towards.
- You will know that you need compassion, integrity and to treat people with dignity and respect.
- You need to be reliable because people are depending on you
- Be able to travel between locations and work flexibly, including evenings, weekends and overnight as needed.
- You will have excellent written and verbal communication skills and good IT and numerical skills.
- Have experience in a supervisory role and motivating a staff team
This Team Leader, role is a permanent, full Time position. On offer is a competitive salary of £22,950 per annum. Other benefits will include, 25 days paid annual leave (plus 8 bank holidays), pension contribution, additional annual leave after 3- and 5-years’ service, access to free occupational health, physiotherapy, counselling, and advice services. Fully paid training and access to nationally recognised qualifications, Travel to work scheme (season ticket loan) as well as access to an online shopping platform with discounts from over 3,500 retailers.
If you have all the relevant skills and experience and would like to join our company, please apply by forwarding an up-to-date CV as soon as possible. We look forward to hearing from you.
Please note that this role will be subject to a full DBS check and may require the successful candidate to travel between different locations with a need for occasional weekend work, so flexibility is desirable.
Please check your email inbox and spam / junk mail folder for any email correspondence for this role.
No Recruitment Agencies please
This vacancy is being advertised and handled by Spider, an Online Job Advertiser, and Specialist Recruiter. We provide an online recruitment advertising and employee selection service in Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex, and Cambridgeshire and beyond.
Additional keywords, social work, charity, care, support work, team leader, supervisor, management
Here at Spider, we take your privacy seriously. When you apply, we shall process your details and pass your application to this particular company for review for this vacancy only. As you might expect we may contact you by email, text or telephone. Your data is processed on the basis of our legitimate interests in fulfilling the recruitment process.