Team Manager – Creative, Strong, Honest, Responsive and United. If you would like to work for an organisation that believe in these values, then this is the role for you!
Here at United Response, we have an exciting opportunity for a Team Manager to be part of a multi-site management team across a number of small, supported living services in Derby City. Reporting to and working alongside the Service Manager, you will be responsible for overseeing the management and development of these services.
The Team Manager is also responsible for:
- Inspiring, mentoring and supporting your teams
- Ensure the service meets CQC, local authority and organisational requirements
- Plan staff rotas
- Organise and facilitate service audits
- Ensure documentation and records are person centred, accurate, relevant and kept up to date
- Be an active presence in services and able to travel between the locations
The role is extremely varied and fantastically rewarding. The job is all about giving people we support and staff encouragement, guidance, and support to promote people living as independently as possible.
Our ideal Team Manager will have the following skills and attributes:
- Be a strong practice leader and able to demonstrate your skills in person centred support, and proactive interventions for behaviours that may challenge the service
- Ability to demonstrate compassion and integrity and always treat people with dignity and respect you should
- Have experience of working in social care, working with individuals with learning disabilities, complex needs and Autism
- Be available for on-call on rotation
- Demonstrate reliable and professional conduct
- Be willing to travel between locations and work flexibly, including evenings, weekends and overnight as needed. Whilst the role is off shift, Team Managers are expected to maintain an active presence in services which will include evening, weekend and early morning working.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills and good IT and numerical skills.
- Proven experience of leading and managing teams in a supportive and professional way
- Have an NVQ3 in Social Care or equivalent or working towards
Please note that to be considered for this post you must have a full driver’s licence.
Please note this position will involve evening, weekend, and bank holiday shifts. This role is subject to an enhanced DBS Check and the cost to be met by United Response. As part of the fight back against Covid 19, all our front-line staff are tested regularly and are encouraged to take the vaccine as soon as they are able.
This is a full time, permanent role. On offer is a competitive salary of £22,587 per annum. As part of this role will be required to travel between our Derby City services.
Other benefits will include, 20 days paid annual leave (plus 8 bank holidays), pension contribution, additional annual leave after 3- and 5-years’ service, access to free occupational health, physiotherapy, counselling, and advice services. Fully paid training and access to nationally recognised qualifications, Travel to work scheme (season ticket loan) as well as access to an online shopping platform with discounts from over 3,500 retailers.
If you have all the relevant skills and experience and would like to join our company, please apply by forwarding an up-to-date CV as soon as possible. We look forward to hearing from you.
Please note that this role is subject to a full DBS check.
Please check your email inbox and spam / junk mail folder for any email correspondence for this role.
No Recruitment Agencies please
This vacancy is being advertised and handled by Spider, an Online Job Advertiser, and Specialist Recruiter. We provide an online recruitment advertising and employee selection service in Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex, and Cambridgeshire and beyond.
Additional keywords: team, team management, mentoring, care, social care, team leader
Here at Spider, we take your privacy seriously. When you apply, we shall process your details and pass your application to this particular company for review for this vacancy only. As you might expect we may contact you by email, text or telephone. Your data is processed on the basis of our legitimate interests in fulfilling the recruitment process.