Traffic Operator - Do you have a passion for logistics? Are you able to build constructive relationships with customers and suppliers? If so at P&O Ferrymasters, a pan-European leader in tailor-made transport, logistics and supply chain solutions, we are looking for an enthusiastic, experienced Traffic Operator to join us on a permanent basis.
So, what is this job all about? As a Traffic Operator you will be responsible for the provision of an efficient and cost-effective collection and delivery service by using subcontract haulage
The Traffic Operator key responsibilities will be:
• Day to day planning to ensure customer delivery times are met whilst ensuring maximum productivity
• Communications with sub-contractors to ensure the drivers are fully aware of their individual timetable
• Matching collections and deliveries to the satisfaction of the customer’s needs whilst bearing in mid the need to operate in a cost-effective manner
• Ensuring that all shipping operations are completed – booked on correct ships to maximise savings, shipped to meet delivery times
• Communicating between the drivers and the business unit
• Constant monitoring of the days planning and adjusting where necessary
• Updating of the computer systems daily
• Dealing with relevant administration work such as driver queries and updating load registers
• Supplying sufficient traction to ensure that service standards are met
• Assisting with the effective management of all operational staff and managing the operational unit
• Flexibility to work alternating shift patterns which includes weekend working, holiday and absence cover. There is a requirement to cover out of hours phone calls.
As Traffic Operator you take responsibility and ownership and possess excellent communication and influencing skills.
So, if you have:
• Previous experience is desired in a customer focused operational role but not essential
• Full understanding of Working time and tachograph legislation
• Good geographical knowledge of UK and Ireland
• Loading and unloading aspects including time taken to load/unload and secure trailers
• Types of trailers available to meet customer requirements
• Excellent organisational skills, including ability to prioritise and manage own workload and work to deadlines
• Strong communication and influencing skills, and ability to liaise with people at all levels
• Accuracy and a good eye for detail
• Good IT skills, including MS Word and Excel
• Positive customer service attitude
This is a full-time permanent role, working 40 hours a week. in return we are offering a competitive package in line with the seniority of the position.
Do you have what we are looking for? And does this sound like the perfect opportunity for you? We hope so – in which case, now’s the time to let us know! Please apply with your CV and covering letter as soon as possible. We look forward to hearing from you.
No Recruitment Agencies please
This vacancy is being advertised and handled by Spider, an Online Job Advertiser, and Specialist Recruiter. We provide an online recruitment advertising and employee selection service in Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex, Cambridgeshire and beyond.
Additional keywords: traffic coordinator, transport administrator, logistics administrator, traffic operator, logistics, traffic
Here at Spider, we take your privacy seriously. When you apply, we shall process your details and pass your application to this particular company for review for this vacancy only. As you might expect we may contact you by email, text, or telephone. Your data is processed on the basis of our legitimate interests in fulfilling the recruitment process.