Trainee Field Service Engineer – Spider are currently advertising on behalf of one of the UK’s leading suppliers of high-performance technology products and services for public space locations in the UK and overseas. Due to continued success they are currently now looking for a Trainee Field Service Engineer to join their busy service team based near Woodbridge, Suffolk.
As a Trainee Field Service Engineer this is a varied role and will require the individual to be adaptive, duties will include:
- Installation of new hardware i.e. free-standing kiosk’s, security antennas, vending machines & People Counters etc. (this does involve chasing floors and drilling through walls etc.)
- Replacement of faulty hardware (PC’s, coin acceptors to bar code scanners etc.)
- Installing applications on customer PC’s
- Fault finding with hardware and software
- Working at height off ladders/Scaffolding (time to time)
- You will be required to stay away from home from time to time as this role covers UK & Ireland and is a customer faced role
- Provide staff training
- Keeping online ticket logs updated after each site visit.
- Maintain vehicle stock
- Attending the office to aid with work in production or Customer Support on an ad-hock basis if required
- Complying to company police’s, including Health and Safety.
Skills and Attributes include:
- Willing to learn and have a ‘can do attitude’ as this position requires a varied skill set.
- Understanding & working with Windows 7 & 10 along with Installation of software applications
- Understanding of how a network works at a very basic level
- Ability to use power tools such as drills and floor chasers for installing equipment (first fix to commission)
- Good customer facing and communication skills
- Valid CSCS Card (not essential)
- Driving licence
A competitive salary is on offer depending on experience. You will be provided with a company vehicle along with a fuel card (when competent to attend customer’s sites on your own), a company laptop, hand tools, uniform. Please note that all positions within this company are dependent on a DBS check (Disclosure & Barring Service) once shortlisted.
This vacancy is being advertised and handled by Spider, an Online Job Advertiser, and Specialist Recruiter. We provide an online recruitment advertising and employee selection service in Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex, Cambridgeshire and beyond.
Additional keywords: field service engineer, IT engineer, installing software, fault finding,
Here at Spider, we take your privacy seriously. When you apply, we shall process your details and pass your application to this particular company for review for this vacancy only. As you might expect we may contact you by email, text or telephone. Your data is processed on the basis of our legitimate interests in fulfilling the recruitment process.