Trainee PCV Driver – Trainee School Bus & Coach Driver – Bored of the same four walls and want to get out and meet some amazing people across the region? And want to do this with a company which offers you great salary progression, fantastic pension, all the training you need (for free!), and a brilliant environment? Spider is excited to be advertising for a Trainee PCV Driver on behalf of a family run business who have been providing quality coach hire for over 30 years. They pride themselves on their reliable and friendly service and require either a part-time or full time Trainee PCV Driver to join their brilliant team based in Tring, Hertfordshire.
Our client is super excited to announce their Brand-new Trainee Driver programme! An amazing opportunity to gain your Bus & Coach licence, fully funded and supported by the company!
You’ll be the face of their company – playing an incredibly important role each day safely and comfortably transporting their fantastic clients. They’re relying on you to give them a fantastic journey to remember with your focus on all thing’s customers!
You’ll need to operate the bus & coach safely of course, but they will teach you all of that for free in their in-house training school. If that’s not enough, you’ll be part of an incredible family. You’ll be part of one of the regions greatest business success stories, driving them forward (sorry about the pun!) to even bigger success!
Aside from the reward of delivering an incredible experience to their customers, there’s plenty more they can offer:
- Job security – Founded in 1988, and they’re not planning on hanging our boots up anytime soon!
- 15 weeks off a year and a monthly pay! (Every last Friday of the month! Even when you’re relaxing in the school holidays!)
- All your training paid for – as a trainee driver, and no matter at what stage you are in your career, you’ll join the companies bus driver training scheme, where they’ll teach you how to drive a bus & coach. They’ll pass on their expertise so you drive it with as much ease and care as you do your everyday car, and not only will you become a qualified bus & coach driver, but you’ll also gain a recognised qualification.
- Flexibility –different shifts available so you can fit work around your existing commitments.
- A brilliant working environment – you’re not stuck at a desk; your boss isn’t stood over you. You’re out and about, trusted to look after their customers and enjoy yourself at the same time.
- Promotions – want to start by driving a bus but want to fly up the ladder? Great! They’ve got plenty of colleagues who started life as a driver but are now coach drivers, mentors and Managers within the business. Likewise, you want to focus your career on driving a bus then that’s fine!
All you need is:
1. You’ll need to hold a driving licence with no more than 6 penalty points on it.
2. And you’ll want to deliver a great experience for our customers
Successful candidates will start as Trainee PCV Drivers on an hourly rate of £8.75. Training will cover approximately 30 hours per week for 4-6 weeks. Once signed off, Trainees will be offered a position as a school bus driver contracted to school term times. This will be reviewed every 3 months. Other company benefits will include paid training, pension scheme, uniform, CPC training.
If you are looking for your next or new challenge and would love to be part this customer focused coaching family, then our client would love to hear from you. Please forward a completely up to date CV which outlines your relevant experience for this role to be considered.
Please note that prior to commencing employment with us, you MUST agree to undergo an Enhanced DBS Check (Disclosure & Barring Service) to confirm that you are not barred from working with Children or Vulnerable Adults.
This vacancy is being advertised and handled by Spider, an Online Job Advertiser, and Specialist Recruiter. We provide an online recruitment advertising and employee selection service in Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex, Cambridgeshire and beyond.
Additional keywords: PCV, CPC, coach, driver, bus, transport, customer service, travel, tours, school bus driver, trainee drive, trainee PCV
Here at Spider, we take your privacy seriously. When you apply, we shall process your details and pass your application to this particular company for review for this vacancy only. As you might expect we may contact you by email, text, or telephone. Your data is processed on the basis of our legitimate interests in fulfilling the recruitment process.