Training and Compliance Manager – Greys of Ely, a reputable family owned and award-winning business in providing VIP and luxury coach travel. We are looking to recruit an experienced Training and Compliance Manager to join our team in Cambridge. Successful Training and Compliance Manager candidates will be based at our Ely headquarters.
As a Training and Compliance Manager, you will be joining a skilled, close-knit, senior management team who are proactive to change and help develop best working practices within a business that is willing to invest in your training and development and values every member of the team.
What we are looking for:
- Day to day compliance of EU Drivers hours for our staff using dedicated software (TruTac)
- Helping to develop and improve culture change and staff engagement through education and understanding.
- Day to day compliance with ISO 9001 & ISO 14001 and Health & Safety and other relevant areas
- Maintaining and developing whole company training as required.
- Ensure compliance with drivers CPC to include the delivery of, and present approved training packages to ensure on going compliance to both our own staff and some external students (First Aid at work course requires trainer to hold relevant qualifications)
- Additional duties include operating a small program of day trip excursions, call handling and booking data onto the company booking system (full training will be provided)
- Day to day support of driving PCV duties (Full training will be given if entitlement is not already held)
- Managing special projects
Skills and Attributes:
- To be successful you will need to hold a formal training qualification (PTLLS, BTEC Award (L3), CTLLS etc...) as well as ideally holding the TAQA award in assessing vocational achievement (level 3.) You will need to have a strong understanding of health & safety practices, experience of training in the sector and achieving/maintaining awarding body status.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal and the ability to present to groups of staff.
- Thorough methodical mindset to ensure detailed record keeping to include training matrix and staff development plans.
- Be able to demonstrate a competent knowledge of Health & Safety and associated systems
- Highlevel of computer / technological competence and literacy across MS Suite of products
- You should also ideally possess a current PCV licence or be willing to be trained to achieve, to enable additional company support as needed.
What you'll get in return:
In addition to a starting salary of £33,000 - £34,000– depending on experience, plus benefits, the ability to work with a variety of different clients and with the company on a wide range of projects. Hours are minimum of 45hours Monday to Friday between 7.00am to 17.00pm, and 1-hour unpaid lunch break, additional paid hours outside of these as required by the business at over-time rate. We will also invest in training to help you achieve your goals and aspirations and provide you with a branded uniform.
This vacancy is being advertised and handled by Spider. The regions Fixed Fee Web Recruiter and Online Job Advertiser. We provide an online recruitment advertising and employee selection service in Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex, and Cambridgeshire and beyond.
Additional keywords: compliance, training, management, administration, logistics, transport
By applying for this role, you give permission for Spider to submit your personal information contained within your CV or any other relevant information provided in order for the prospective employer to review your application for the specific role applied for. Spider Web Recruitment will not submit or use your personal information for any other purposes other than for searching for alternative employment.