Travel Consultant - Spider is advertising on behalf of a highly successful independent travel agency. This is a great opportunity for an enthusiastic and sales focused Travel Consultant to join their team located in the centre of Ipswich, where you will be key to their continued success.
Do you have that “special something” when it comes to customer-facing experience?
Why is working in travel the ideal job for you?
If you have the answers, then they could have a great opportunity for you.
This year has been a tough one for travel, but our client is now firmly focused on the future. Business growth has opened-up a new position to deal with both the customer-facing and administration work within their small but established team.
Other key duties include:
- Customer Service. Dealing with both face-to-face and telephone enquiries you will have an excellent manner in dealing with customers, skilled in communicating a warmth to them whilst also capturing necessary information to progress the situation further.
- Administrative/Data Entry. You will be proactive, highly organised with the ability to multitask. A large element of the role will be in using Microsoft Word to put together presentations of tour operator quotes for sending on to customers.
- Day to Day Work. Involvement in daily tasks and responsibilities such as banking, IT and marketing as is necessary within a small business.
- Communication/Building and maintaining effective relationships. You will be practiced in engaging at a variety of levels to include both Customers and Stakeholders in both written and oral communication.
- IT. You will be highly IT literate in Microsoft Office; Outlook, Word and Excel as well as adaptable to learn other necessary systems, programs and technology used by our business.
- Behaviours/Competence. Professional. You will demonstrate exceptional attention to detail, first class organisational skills and the ability to work to deadlines. Your focus, determination and thoroughness will ensure your work is of a high standard. Your outstanding customer-facing abilities and commercial awareness gives you the ability to exceed expectations.
- A retail travel or tour operations background is not essential, but it is expected that you will have previous experience of dealing with face-to-face customers. You will be a person who has a real passion for travel, is pro-active, self-motivated, and enthusiastic.
- Attention to detail and ability to fully engage and utilise systems and technology is paramount.
This Travel Consultant position is a Full- Time position. On offer is a competitive salary depending on experience.
If you have the relevant skills and experience and would like to be considered, please apply by forwarding an up to date CV and covering letter as to why you feel you are the person our client are looking for as soon as possible. We look forward to hearing from you.
This vacancy is being advertised and handled by Spider, an Online Job Advertiser, and Specialist Recruiter. We provide an online recruitment advertising and employee selection service in Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex, Cambridgeshire and beyond.
Additional keywords: travel, travel advisor, travel consultant, customer service, sales, travel agency
Here at Spider, we take your privacy seriously. When you apply, we shall process your details and pass your application to this particular company for review for this vacancy only. As you might expect we may contact you by email, text or telephone. Your data is processed on the basis of our legitimate interests in fulfilling the recruitment process.