Utilities Consultant - Do you thrive delivering projects in a multi-stakeholder environment? Are you passionate about Renewables and Low Carbon Technologies? Are you a self-motivated problem solver?
If you answered yes to the above then read on! Spider is advertising on behalf a Utilities Consultancy who due to continued growth and recent contract wins are looking for an experienced Utilities Consultant or a passionate Trainee Utilities Consultant to join a passionate and growing team based in Colchester, Essex or Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk.
You will be working as part of an experienced team helping to deliver successful projects across Housing, Commercial and renewable clients across the UK. We are helping our clients to deliver on their ambitions for moving towards a zero-carbon country and facilitating low carbon technologies to make an impact on the country. You will be responsible for early engagement with clients, whilst managing relationships and ensuring we continually deliver for them by going the extra mile.
As the Utilities Consultant you will be working closely with key clients to help facilitate connections to help facilitate connections to the UK Utilities networks across Gas, Water, Electric and Comms. Other duties include
- Maintaining a high level of client communication through project updates, progress reports etc. to deliver projects on time & to budget
- Engaging proactively with Utilities and liaising with them on pricing, milestones, payments, etc.
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships with the utilities planning, design, and delivery teams.
- Completing applications and managing the application process
- Ensuring all stakeholders are kept appraised of relevant project activity, requirements, and deadlines
- Construction project management as well as attend client and site meetings as needed
The Utilities Consultant role will suit either an established consultant or somebody keen to be developed into the consultant role. On offer is a salary of £22,000 - £25,000 (trainee) or £38,000 - £48,000 (experienced) per annum, depending on experience. As well as great career opportunities you will have 25 days holiday (plus Bank Holidays) with a host of great personal benefits, which are currently being reviewed and enhanced (to be discussed at interview with successful candidate).
You will need to be able to demonstrate that you are:
- A strong communicator and relationship builder, able to bring out the best in others.
- Naturally well organised and detail oriented, proficient in the IT which makes your world run smoothly.
- Self-motivated, with a love for process and seeing things through to conclusion.
- A team player with the ability to think and work independently.
- Passionate about Renewables and Low Carbon technologies and the role they play in our future.
- Experienced in Renewables and/or DNO OR nearer the start of your career – either way you will be looking for a serious career opportunity in this sector.
- Holder of a full driving license & own car
If you are highly motivated Energy/ Renewable/ Utilities Consultant and are looking to develop your career in a passionate and growing team, please apply attaching your CV and a brief covering letter. We would love to hear from you!
Please check your email inbox and spam / junk mail folder for any email correspondence for this role.
If you require any reasonable adjustments such as access or information in an alternative format, please inform us soon as you are able so that we can make the appropriate adjustments.
This vacancy is being advertised and handled by Spider, an Online Job Advertiser, and Specialist Recruiter. We provide an online recruitment advertising and employee selection service in Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex, Cambridgeshire and beyond.
Additional keywords: Utilities, Consultancy, Consultant, Trainee, project, project management, Energy, renewable, zero carbon, Consultant
Here at Spider, we take your privacy seriously. When you apply, we shall process your details and pass your application to this particular company for review for this vacancy only. As you might expect we may contact you by email, text, or telephone. Your data is processed on the basis of our legitimate interests in fulfilling the recruitment process.