Van Driver and Warehouse Assistant – We are delighted to be advertising on behalf of our Client, who are a national and highly respected electrical wholesale company based in Peterborough, who are currently in search for a Van Driver and Warehouse Assistant. For this role you will ideally have experience within a driving or warehouse environment and have good local knowledge of the Peterborough, Cambridge and surrounding areas.
Duties as a Van Driver and Warehouse Assistant will be:
- Multi drop van driving duties around the local and surrounding areas (approx. 60-70% of role to begin with)
- Taking receipt of material from couriers
- Booking in material
- Putting material away on the shelves
- Making up customer orders for collection or van delivery
- General warehouse duties
- Will be on occasion required to service customers on trade counter
Skills and Attributes
- Experience within a driving or warehouse environment.
- Have a clean driving license are vital.
- Be prepared to be trained in the use of warehouse vehicles and equipment.
This is a full-time position working 40 hours a week, or as required, Monday to Friday 8am til 5pm with a Saturday 8am – 12am on a rota basis of 1 in 3. The company is offering a competitive salary, paid monthly with the opportunity to earn an annual profit share bonus.
Please send your CV through with a covering letter detailing your suitability to the role and possible work experience to date. We look forward to hearing from you.
This vacancy is being advertised and handled by Spider, an Online Job Advertiser and Specialist Recruiter. We provide an online recruitment advertising and employee selection service in Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex, Cambridgeshire and beyond.
Keywords; warehouse, warehouse assistant, warehouse operative, multi-drop, stores, stock, forklift, courier, driving, van driver
Here at Spider we take your privacy seriously. When you apply, we shall process your details and pass your application to this particular company for review for this vacancy only. As you might expect we may contact you by email, text or telephone. Your data is processed on the basis of our legitimate interests in fulfilling the recruitment process.