Warehouse Operation Manager - Do you have a passion for logistics? Are you able to build constructive relationships with customers and suppliers? If so at P&O Ferrymasters, a pan-European leader in tailor-made transport, logistics and supply chain solutions, we are looking for an enthusiastic, experienced Warehouse Operation Manager to join us on a permanent basis, based in our London Gateway in Stanford Le Hope, Essex warehouse.
So, what is this job all about? As an experienced Warehouse Operation Manager, you will be responsible for managing and controlling the quality, quantity, and safety of the daily operations in the warehouse to achieve an excellent level of service for our customers and guarantee a good working environment for warehouse employees. You should be prepared, if needed, to work different shifts.
Other key responsibilities will include:
- Delivering, with the warehouse supervisors, the daily goals in the warehouse, ensuring efficient processing of orders and optimizing warehouse processes
- Management of employees within the team
- Identifying and leading implementation, continual improvement and business development initiatives and projects
- Leading the performance of the warehouse by assessing daily volumes and workloads to manage staffing levels (including agency workers), to cover the daily plan and maximise productivity, prioritising the workload with the warehouse supervisors to take corrective actions when necessary
- Monitoring the weekly/monthly site profit and loss to ensure it meets or surpasses expectation, proposing corrective action where necessary
- Generating management reports, including collating, and presenting information at meetings
- Assisting visitors / customers with queries in a timely manner
- Reporting and handling damage according to procedures and reporting this to Customer Services/Management
- Responsibility for the safety and maintenance of the warehouse, reporting defects or damage to the correct departments
- Ordering materials and packaging to ensure efficient operations.
- Project management including design and implementation, as well as process improvements
- Always ensuring correct Health and Safety procedures within the warehouse, ensuring compliance from all employees and visitors
- Checking and supervising 5S responsibilities and tasks in the warehouse, including equipment checks and 5S Audits and implementing improvements
- Conducting daily meetings with staff about the workload, progress, and general information to keep staff informed, whilst seeking feedback and improvements.
As a Warehouse Operation Manager, you will take responsibility and ownership and possess excellent communication and influencing skills with ability to liaise with people at all levels.
So, if you have:
- Previous experience of working in a warehouse environment, with knowledge of warehouse processes, material, and WMS systems. Previous managerial experience leading mid-sized (+30) teams would be a distinct advantage
- Project experience
- A good general standard of education and are computer literate
- Ability to exhibit excellent leadership and communication skills
- Ability to see the wider picture, and can work decisively and with integrity
- Warehouse Health and Safety knowledge
- Excellent planning and organising skills, displaying good time management and the ability to work well under pressure and meet tight deadlines
This is a full-time, position working 42.5 hours per week (shift pattern), in return we are offering a competitive package in line with the seniority of the position.
Do you have what we are looking for? And does this sound like the perfect opportunity for you? We hope so – in which case, now’s the time to let us know! Please apply with your CV and covering letter as soon as possible. We look forward to hearing from you.
No Recruitment Agencies please
This vacancy is being advertised and handled by Spider, an Online Job Advertiser, and Specialist Recruiter. We provide an online recruitment advertising and employee selection service in Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex, Cambridgeshire and beyond.
Please check your email inbox and spam / junk mail folder for any email correspondence for this role.
Additional keywords, logistics, transport, operations, operation manager, warehouse manager, operations and project, project manager, warehouse, management
Here at Spider, we take your privacy seriously. When you apply, we shall process your details and pass your application to this particular company for review for this vacancy only. As you might expect we may contact you by email, text, or telephone. Your data is processed on the basis of our legitimate interests in fulfilling the recruitment process.