Warehouse Operative– Omega Ingredients are a multi- award-winning manufacturer and supplier of innovative, natural, and organic ingredients for flavours to the food and beverage, markets. We are seeking a Warehouse Operative to join our growing team in Great Blakenham, Suffolk.
The Warehouse Operative supports the management of inbound and outbound goods under the instruction and guidance of the Production Manager, adhering to quality and safety procedures always.
Omega recently joined the worldwide leader in natural ingredients, the Robertet Group. Robertet is present in over 50 countries and has approximatively 2000 employees worldwide. We now benefit from Robertet’s expertise and creativity in natural materials and this new venture also enhances all the values that have made Omega so unique and successful. It’s a brilliant time to join Omega as we enter our next period of continued growth.
You will play an important part in effectively contributing to the achievement of the Omega Mission and Vision, which is to be the most outstanding International Creative Flavour and Fragrance Company, providing high quality performance products with customer focus delivered by a passionate and dynamic team.
Other key responsibilities of the Warehouse Operative include:
- Accurately complete picking routines, and stock checks as required.
- Accurately and safely prepare products for dispatch.
- Support the management of inbound and outbound goods.
- Confirm loads as complete and reporting any discrepancies.
- Use of the Forklift Truck and other mechanical lifting equipment as required.
- Ensuring the site, factory and its equipment is clean, tidy, and conforming to quality standards always.
- Continually working to reduce the Non-Conformances from the Factory and Warehouse and always maintaining warehouse housekeeping.
- Ensuring a safe working environment continuously and conforming to health and safety regulations (must be willing to undertake training to meet both food safety & health and safety legislation/requirements).
- Adhere to company policies.
- Propose new ideas for improvement and suggest solutions to challenges.
- Lifting and manual handling.
As our Warehouse Operative you will have experience with a food production environment, excellent attention to detail and the ability to maintain a flexible approach to business needs. You will ideally have an understanding of ERP/IT systems and Food Safety and GMP. As well as the ability to understand QC and NPD functions, you will be a strategic thinker with good commercial acumen. It is essential that you are Forklift Trained and that you can deliver on commitments. Good communication skills are also essential for this role.
This is a full-time role working 37.5 hours a week. On offer is a competitive salary between £19,000 - £23,000 per annum with 33 days holidays (including bank holidays) as well as a host of benefits including free gym sessions, private healthcare, and cycle scheme plus lots more.
Our continued & planned growth allows us the opportunity to seek further talent to join our highly experienced professionals. If you thrive on challenges & are enthused by variety, we could be just right for you. As an Investor in People, we care what our teams think and are very proud to be able to offer an environment where you are more than just a number.
If you would like to explore this opportunity, please apply by forwarding an up-to-date CV, including your email address and telephone number, as soon as possible. We look forward to hearing from you.
Strictly No Recruitment Agencies please – Any communication will be redirected back to Spider.
This vacancy is being advertised and handled by Spider, an Online Job Advertiser, and Specialist Recruiter. We provide an online recruitment advertising and employee selection service in Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex, Cambridgeshire and beyond.
Additional keywords: warehouse, logistics, food, production, operative, manufacturing, forklift, ERP, food safety, GMP
Here at Spider, we take your privacy seriously. When you apply, we shall process your details and pass your application to this particular company for review for this vacancy only. As you might expect we may contact you by email, text or telephone. Your data is processed on the basis of our legitimate interests in fulfilling the recruitment process.